Tuesday, December 12, 2006
no mercy, no exceptions:
I was a vegetarian for five years and a vegan for one of them. And I can tell you that Jim Rutz is right: consumption of soy turned me extremely gay. I was so gay I couldn't even see straight. On the millennium, some friends and I visited Montreal and we dined at a fantastic French restaurant off the Rue de St. Catherine. Figuring I wasn't long for the world, I ordered the quail. Took one bite and -- poof -- heterosexuality.

Seriously: I hope Jim Rutz finds himself in a dark alley with the Earth Crisis or Vegan Reich crowds.
--Spencer Ackerman
Wow. I guess sometimes satire IS unintentional. My favorite quote from the article:

Doctors used to hope soy would reduce hot flashes, prevent cancer and heart disease, and save millions in the Third World from starvation. That was before they knew much about long-term soy use. Now we know it's a classic example of a cure that's worse than the disease.

So there you have it. Contracting the gayness is now worse than getting cancer.
Blogger Eric the Political Hack | 1:37 PM

at least when you were done being gay, you were really close to some wholesome, heterosexual entertainment.
Blogger Shane | 6:40 PM