Monday, December 11, 2006
you might think I'm too smart and weird, but that should only make you want to hear that I love you:
Kissing Suzy Kolber is now officially the greatest blog on teh internet. I feel somewhat guilty about laughing at Gregg, but the amount of times I had to factcheck Easterblogg after the "incident" clears my conscience.
--Spencer Ackerman
I stopped reading TMQ this year. He's been on autopilot for two years, plus his ridiculous criticism of the Lancet Iraq study provided conclusive evidence of his hackery. Dispute the findings, fine, but his "analysis" would fail Stats 101. I wrote to ESPN's ombudsman to complain, the very definition of a "fool's errand".
Blogger Gene | 11:01 PM

Wow. Both links are amazing.

The essay on Tarantino was very well written and has some genuine revelations (well, they were revelations to me, at least). Tarantino's movies, he says, are bad and stupid and are distributed by Jews, thereby exemplifying the Jews' control of world culture and their responsibility for global mass murder. Good stuff.

Then I read Big Daddy Drew's equally nuanced essay, which takes issue with Easterbrook on some important questions. I had a hard time figuring out what he was talking about most of the time, but it helped clarify things for me when I read words like "douchebaggery" and "highfalutin" and "dipshit" -- I know these words because I use them a lot when I'm at bars. And he makes a valid point when he questions Easterbrook's athletic prowess, something Easterbrook wouldn't do on his own.

In short, both authors raise some valid points and I can only imagine what they might write in the future.
Blogger Jamie | 9:37 PM