Tuesday, December 12, 2006
she's a sweet black angel, not a sweet black slave:
Sweet Black Angel, my 1981 BMW 528i series, died this morning on the operating room table. It would have cost me way more money than justifiable to keep her on life support, and I don't relish the idea of her dying, say, on the drive to Dulles to pick up Elana. So let this be a lesson to you: do not temporarily go off your medication and decide that buying a car nearly as old as you are is a jolly good idea, no matter how pretty she looks. She cost me a lot -- I stuck by her when she got locked up -- but I loved her, and it hurts to see her go.
--Spencer Ackerman
sorry for your loss. My parents made me give up my baby, a 1983 VW GTI some time ago. I still miss it. Based on your advice, I'll try to curb that emotion.
Blogger Shane | 9:06 AM

When I had to give up my 1974 2002, some years ago now, I swore I would someday have another. Like Scarlett holding a handful of dirt from Tara.

Ya gotta have dreams.
Blogger CharleyCarp | 5:44 AM