Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Just Got An Ounce In The Mail:
For real? The Joint Forces Command report refuting the Saddam/al-Qaeda link won't be available online? And no presser? ABC:
ABC News' Jonathan Karl Reports: The Bush Administration apparently does not want a U.S. military study that found no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda to get any attention. This morning, the Pentagon cancelled plans to send out a press release announcing the report's release and will no longer make the report available online.

The report was to be posted on the Joint Forces Command website this afternoon, followed by a background briefing with the authors. No more. The report will be made available only to those who ask for it, and it will be sent via U.S. mail from Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia.
It won't be emailed to reporters and it won't be posted online.
I just called Joint Forces Command and they said they'll mail me the report tonight or tomorrow. As soon as I get it, I will scan it and post it online. Surely someone will beat me to it, and all to the good, from my perspective.
--Spencer Ackerman
Hopefully TNR sprung for the full version of Acrobat, but if not I can run OCR on the scan pretty quickly (to make the text inside searchable/indexable) in case that's helpful. Drop me a line in advance, though, and I'll give you a different email address.
Blogger Lance McCord | 6:59 PM