Wednesday, December 13, 2006
the gift:
Amanda sent the house a very touching holiday card, and so in return I will take her up on her desire to learn how to make a proper risotto. (If Heather has any saffron left over, I may even try to prepare it the Gordon Ramsay way, although that's probably not a good way to teach someone.) Also, apparently she's a brunette now; huh. (The one on the right.)

And that gets me thinking: Punk Rock Kitchen should offer basic culinary instructions in return for gifts. Perhaps you've often wondered how to make a stock. Or asked yourself: why is it I can never slice an onion the way they do it in restaurants? Maybe there's a certain entree you love but fear putting together yourself -- fish, for instance. Well, I'm here to help. Just get me a gift. I want the Jerry Heller memoir about N.W.A. and the new ghetto economy book. Also, I find myself missing a lot of the records I either sold for rent money in college or foolishly gave to a then-girlfriend, especially the first Four Hundred Years LP, The Pist's Ideas Are Bulletproof album, the One Eyed God Prophecy LP, Devoid of Faith's first album, His Hero Is Gone's Monuments To Theives LP and C.R.'s 7-inch and Compassion Revolution LP. Also, if you or a friend are in Zegota, I want the record where you guys cover "Ohio." If you can get me these records or books, I will make a chef out of you.
--Spencer Ackerman
Damn that was fast! I put that in the mail yesterday. I gladly accept your offer, though I'll probably have to cash it in in '07.
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h | 1:47 PM

Well, don't you live like in the same zip code?

My suspicion: you don't need to know much re: risotto. I'm going to guess that temperature regulation is your main problem. (It was mine for a whiiiiiiiiiiile.)
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 2:01 PM

I will gladly trade you saffron for some culinary tips, particularly in the grilling arena. Oohh, I smell a kebab party.
Blogger Heather | 2:05 PM

I will gladly trade you saffron for some culinary tips, particularly in the grilling arena. Oohh, I smell a kebab party.
Blogger Heather | 2:07 PM

I will gladly trade you saffron for some culinary tips, particularly in the grilling arena. Oohh, I smell a kebab party...
Blogger Heather | 2:08 PM

triple posting awesomeness. that's what happens when the page keeps timing out, sorry! feel free to delete them.
Blogger Heather | 2:26 PM

You're on! Anything for the saffron. I will teach you how to grill chicken and fish, both of which are notoriously difficult to grill.
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 2:38 PM