Saturday, March 01, 2008
hold on to jesus' hand:
I won't be in D.C. at 9 on Sunday, but we've got a WireTAP week coming up and my mother's house has OnDemand. So I broke the Flophouse's Sunday Truce and watched it. Episode 9. Like every (?) season's penultimate episode, it's written by George Pelecanos, the greatest crime novelist alive. I spent 2007 reading every one of his books, except for Hard Revolution (which I read in December 2006) and Nick's Trip (which my father told me is bad).

It's not right for me to describe the episode, but there were three points that left me very close to tears, and you'll know them when you see them tomorrow. All I'll add is that I feel very confident in my argument on WireTAP that season five is great.
--Spencer Ackerman
Hot Shit!!!!
In print!
To clarify,ahem,...when I said Bad, I, of course, meant relative to his other works, not as compared to the average.
Dangnabbed, liberal knee-deep journalistas, once again printing only the negative.
Well, my friend, I liked him first. So there.
Blogger ufred | 3:29 PM

Yes, you liked him first, princess.
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 5:21 PM

TSARITSA,droogotchka
Blogger ufred | 5:43 PM

Season 5 is really good but I don't think it is as good as the others in much the same way that The Love Movement was A Tribe Called Quest's worst album but it was still a friggin great album.
Blogger Cal Ulmann | 8:13 AM