Thursday, January 25, 2007
no mercy, no exceptions:
I concede defeat. Punk Rock Kitchen has been fucking pre-empted by a vegan online cooking show called -- I swear to God -- Post Punk Kitchen. She even has a fucking Nausea flyer in her intro. These are dark days for me. Luckily, I can announce that in the coming days, Debbie Lee and I will be serving you something special.
--Spencer Ackerman
Ted Leo had some kind of interview mishap with the PPK, and felt misquoted about his views on veganism vs straight edge lifestyles.
Blogger Gaston | 7:40 PM

ah, so I see on the TL blog. Ted, if you're reading, I would never misquote you. Remember when I interviewed you at the DC antiwar protest in late 2005? I'm sorry that I didn't get to run a piece based on that interview, but that's TNR for you...
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 8:54 PM

I tried, but I couldn't make it through an entire episode. I actually couldn't make it much past the intro.

Not quite the same as Darby Crash frying up eggs, but I guess you go to war with the punk rock that you have. Or something.
Blogger shingles | 7:01 AM