Wednesday, January 24, 2007
i like food, food tastes good:
There was some good heckling at Will Wilkinson's house during the SOTU, which is where I watched it. One arch-heckler, whose name I sadly didn't get, spied a shot of the balcony on MSNBC and remarked, "I think that's... Dikembe Mutombo." No way, I said, there's no chance in hell that Bush would sex Mutombo in the speech. I think that disqualifies me from any analysis.

One thing, though. I could have sworn that Dick Cheney was eating something. He moved his hand up from his desk, covered his mouth, removed his hand -- and then very slowly started to chew, the way my dog does when he savors a treat. Will speculated that he had a Ziploc bag full of Cheerios down there. Anyone else notice this? I will call the White House today and report back.

Afterwards, I joined up with the Flophouse n' Friends at Townhouse Tavern to celebrate Kriston's birthday. As the night progressed, Capps, Catherine, Ficke and myself huddled up and belted out a rendition of "With Or Without You." Needless to say, I have a soul-crushing hangover.
--Spencer Ackerman
I noticed Cheney eating something as well, Spencer. He did reach down and get it and then he had it in his mouth. I suspect it was a mint or something. Also he had a shit-eating grin on his face at one point, looking at someone. Anyone notice this? What was the deal?

Rich
Blogger richsheridan | 9:40 AM

I know I can't go without a mint for 39 minutes.
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 9:59 AM

It sure looked like a mint or some other type of sucking candy...[insert joke here]
Blogger Eric Martin | 10:49 AM

My wife thought she saw Pelosi eating something shortly before Cheney was eating something. Maybe they were sharing snacks, in a new spirit of nutritive bipartisanship.
Blogger t.s. | 11:00 AM