Friday, January 26, 2007
let them choose the rain, there's a hole in my bucket anyway:
It's 4:30 on Friday. Ain't nobody gonna call me back at this point. Kids, if you want to grow up to do the journalism, you have to be prepared to place a lot of phone calls and handle the endless waiting for callbacks. Suck it up and do work, as they say.

So what should you do? I recommend turning on Imperial Leather's Something Out Of Nothing LP. You like Swedish punk rock? A little Hellacopters action? Some Dead Boys in your bristles-n-studs? This is going to knock you unconscious and shave your eyebrows off. I just copped this from Profane Existence -- it's not new, but it's new to me -- and you should as well. One of the dudes in this band calls himself 138. How awesome is that?

Yeah, I said Profane Existence. What, guys who appear in the Scooter Libby indictment can't relax to some d-beat? Some grindcore? A spot of power violence? You got your crust in my peace punk? No, you got your peace punk in my crust! The postwoman also brought me the Detestation LP, a Drop Dead comp CD and Witch Hunt's As Priorities Decay album. Yay for punk rock.
--Spencer Ackerman