Sunday, November 26, 2006
They discovered one Black Saturday that the mobs don't march -- they run:
Whoa. I just want to make it really clear that I never, ever, called for the return of Saddam Hussein. Apparently, when you're "Frankie's" best homey, you can say that shit and not fear any reprisal at TNR.
--Spencer Ackerman
I think the thrust of the piece is to point out, in a strange way, how awful the situation in Iraq is. So I guess I'm glad to see it.

But yeah, Chait chose a really weird way of making that point.
Blogger Neil Sinhababu | 4:49 PM

I think its pretty clear from the piece that Chait is not seriously proposing to bring back Saddam. The column more or less illustrates how our invasion has left Iraq worse off.
Blogger alex o. | 1:54 AM

It's OBVIOUS that Chait isn't actually advocating putting Saddam back in. Satire Spencer...satire.
Blogger DevinCarpenter | 2:06 AM