Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I want to break free:
It's been forever since I heard Queen's "I Want To Break Free" outside of a car commercial. Luckily, Andrew posted the YouTube of its video on his blog. Oh my God, what a powerful song: a simple, non-negotiable demand for the dignity we all deserve by virtue of our humanity. Sorry for the corniness, but when Freddie sings "God knows I'm in love," all arguments end.
--Spencer Ackerman
I'm glad there are others out there unashamed of their love of that tune. I'm usually a fan of their later stuff, but that song is damn catchy. For my favorite Queen song no one has heard of, I'd choose either In the Lap of the Gods or She Makes me off of Sheer Heart Attack. I like the early Queen, before they really took off in their pop direction.
Blogger Shane | 1:10 PM