Wednesday, October 25, 2006
ain't lost yet so i gotta be a winner:
Freelance assignments/Prospect-ing not withstanding, today's the first day I really feel unemployed. It's 9:45 a.m. and I'm watching Rachael Ray's new chat show because I heard during the World Series that David Boreanaz was today's guest. I set my alarm to make sure I wouldn't miss it. When the show's over I'll start making the day's round of phone calls.

This is the first time since my first semester of freshman year in college that I haven't had a job. My mother prefers to believe it's my first time out of work since I was 15, but I didn't work continuously through high school, so that doesn't count.

Interesting fact: tons of Webb-vs.-Allen ads finance the Rachael Ray show. My favorite so far is the NRSC ad with a female narrator that dredges up Webb's Tailgate comments (in The Weekly Standard!) before declaring him right for "'06 -- 1806!" Lindsay, my fellow unemployed IM-partner, is scandalized.

Also -- PS -- if you're interested, I'll be on the Sam Seder show on Air America at 11:30 a.m., talkin' permanent bases in Iraq.
--Spencer Ackerman