Thursday, March 06, 2008
what started out as friendship has grown stronger:
For the last four years, the Danish Broadcasting Company's premiere news magazine program, Udland, suffered from the misimpression that I report on politics. I've done nothing to disabuse the staff of that illusion, except for what I say on the show. Yesterday, at an ungodly hour, I taped a segment about the Democratic primary that got Martin, the show's gracious host, to exclaim, "Now that's a very, very ugly conspiracy theory..."

You can watch it here -- click "Se seneste udsendelse" on the right-hand side of the screen, load the player, and then choose the March 5 episode (or "05.03.08" as they call it in Copenhagen). I'm on after about five minutes. Watch me namecheck Jezebel and compare the press to REO Speedwagon groupies. If anyone knows how to embed this, let me know.

I think my first appearance on the show was after the release of the 9/11 Commission report. Something like that. What I remember vividly was Martin telling me, after we wrapped up, "Now you have Danishfame." Pronounced as one word.

Update: God damn it! They cut the REO Speedwagon reference! Fuck the Danes!
--Spencer Ackerman