Thursday, February 14, 2008
they say i walk around like I got a S on my chest:
Speaking of Imad Mughniyeh, a THFTNR friend wrote a brief but hilarious one-act play based on a Jerusalem press conference post-assassination:

Question: Did you kill Mughniyah?

Answer: I would like to start off by saying, "Chag Sameach." Happy Mughniyeh
day.

Question: Could you answer the question?

Answer: No we are not saying we did it. But when people plant the car bomb
for 30 years and kill people, other people might want to do the same thing
to such a man.

Question: So you did do it?

Answer: No we are not saying we did do it. But Damascus is a rough place and
even a big shot terrorist is not safe.

Question: So what are you saying.

Answer: That whoever did it must have been capable of hitting their enemy in
a foreign capital where other enemies live day to day and picnic with their
families.

Question: Are you threatening Khaled Meshal's family?

Answer: I don't know. You said this, not me. But if I was Khalled Meshal I
would not want to have picnics with my family in Damascus.
--Spencer Ackerman
Question. If Americans killed this guy, would they be inclined to declare responsibility?
Blogger Unknown | 8:44 AM

Nope.

But that's not itself evidence that we did.
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 9:19 AM

that's pretty funny.
Blogger Eric the Political Hack | 12:51 PM