Thursday, February 28, 2008
she's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake:
Wired has ten unseen Abu Ghraib photos. Don't click on them if you're not prepared to be punched in the stomach. I actually exclaimed when I saw the first one -- Wash Indy's Mike Lillis asked me if I was OK -- so, really, think before you click. Extremely NSFW.

Two things we learn: One, the thumbs-up at beaten prisoners was not just Lynddie England. Pic #2 is another soldier giving the thumbs up over a dead man. Pic #7 is perhaps the most horrifying of all: it zooms out from the infamous wired-box prisoner to show a nearby Charles Graner inspecting his fingernails.
--Spencer Ackerman
I think quite a few of these make an appearance in Taxi to the Dark Side.
Blogger Ben | 8:43 AM

I had the same reaction, Spencer.

Though I think the 7th photo is Granger messing with a digital camera. Either way, it's messed up.
Blogger Unknown | 2:33 PM