Monday, May 21, 2007
you was confused, didn't know what to do:
Jeff Goldberg writes:
I too have felt the urge to drown myself after spending too much time on the Al Jazeera Web site. Did you know that Al Jazeera has a section called "Conspiracy Theories"? Such a service to humankind, that network!
Not to hold a brief for al-Jazeera, but Goldberg might be mistakenly looking on this website, which isn't al-Jazeera's, despite its deliberate attempt to confuse people. al-Jazeera's English-language wesbite is here, and it doesn't include a "Conspiracy Theories" page. I've never been tempted to kill myself when reading it.
--Spencer Ackerman
Actually, I don't think there's any attempt to pass the first site off as the cable TV Al Jazeera. It's just a magazine called Al Jazeera - meaning the Peninsula (as in, Arabian) and is a pretty common name for banks, media outlets, commercial groups and the like.
Blogger Unknown | 10:54 AM

I've never been tempted to kill myself when reading it.

But have you been tempted to kill Jeff Goldberg?
Blogger Unknown | 11:30 AM