Saturday, March 17, 2007
taste the whip, now bleed for me:
BAGHDAD -- So it's frivolous, tongue-in-cheek food writing from a war zone you're after, eh? Why, how tasteless and bourgeois of you. I suppose then you'll be interested in this dispatch of mine for my favorite food blog, my friend D*****'s Buddha Drinks Fanta. As you'll see when you click around, it's excellent. Much better written than this creaking thing.
--Spencer Ackerman
Thanks for the correction. It'll be Shai from now on. My unsophisticated ear couldn't tell the difference when I was being offered the tea.

And you're right, I do want all the food you're talking about. I had grilled bass in Kurdistan last year and it was outstanding -- crispy, salty skin and moist meat within. But I'm just not going to get that during my embeds, unfortunately.

(Note to CPIC: Not that what you're serving me, free of charge, isn't appreciated!)
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 10:54 PM