Thursday, March 29, 2007
The morning paper's ink stains my fingers: CCLX:
No. 351-07 IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 29, 2007
Media Contact: (703) 697-5131/697-5132
Public/Industry(703) 428-0711

DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Marcus A. Golczynski, 30, of Lewisburg, Tenn., died March 27 from wounds received while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. Golczynski was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve's 3rd Battalion, 24th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Nashville, Tenn.
For more informationin regard to this release the media can contact the Marine Forces Reserve public affairs office at (504) 678-4177.
--Spencer Ackerman
Spencer,

This is Nick Steffens from Long Island. Maybe you remember me. Maybe you don't. I used to run a bit with you, Sam, Jesse, Debbie, etc. in the late 90s. I recently reconnected with Debbie and she turned me on to your site. I actually read a few things you wrote for TNR and something on TPM, but couldn't find a way to contact you.

Regardless, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck and a safe return.

Nick
Blogger Mom and Dad | 12:54 PM

For chrissake, Nick, of course I remember you. I've even Googled you to try and find a contact for you as well, to no avail. What are you up to these days?

Thanks for the kind words and for getting in touch.
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 1:30 PM

This is a ridiculous forum for a dialogue. ntsteffe@yahoo.com
Blogger Mom and Dad | 4:21 PM