Saturday, February 10, 2007
got this feeling when i heard your name the other day:
The world is as it should be: a dark house, Kriston and Becks blogging beside me, dogs nearby, the seventh season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the TV. I feel pretty much awful -- have for two weeks, almost -- and need to convalesce. But it's not a bad thing right now, whatever's happening.

One of the things that makes the world as lovely as it is is Rebecca Keith. Rebecca and I tormented one another in high school. It was all my fault. My efforts to deescalate hostilities were intermittent, belated and, on at least one occasion, blocked by circumstance. (As I was writing her an extended apology -- more like an apologia, really -- on a bus to New Jersey in June of 1998, my concentration was broken by a man seated nearby who began vigorously masturbating.) Lucky me: she doesn't hold a grudge, and over the last few years we've been getting closer to becoming the true friends we should have always been. Now you can see for yourself how rare a talent Rebecca is at her new blog.
--Spencer Ackerman