Thursday, October 19, 2006
My only release -- is when I get smashed!:
WHICH well-known foreign-policy writer used to play in the semi-classic NYHC '88 band Breakdown? ... WHICH well-known foreign-policy writer lent me a CD (that I need to return) of Breakdown's June 1988 show at the Ratt in Boston (where Joe King would later meet his girl)? ... WHICH well-known foreign-policy writer neglected to mention the sheer awesomeness of that show? ... And is that Vinny Stigma I see in the crowd? ... JUST ASKING.
--Spencer Ackerman
Totally Kissinger.
Blogger Susan | 2:19 PM

Holy shit.
I had no idea you were a fan of 1980s hardcore.
I saw Breakdown live back in the day, tons of those bands.

And look: there's a new documentary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshGdduppBQ
Blogger Brendan | 9:35 AM

Would that be Larry Kaplan?
Blogger Brendan | 10:40 AM

Brendan, I can't disclose my sources, man. Have you seen "American Hardcore" yet?
Blogger Spencer Ackerman | 9:21 AM